Dalton, William Bower
Height: 10.6 cm, Diameter: 9.4 cm
Vase, pear-shape, stoneware with celadon green glaze, made by William Bower Dalton, England, 1930-40
Pear-shaped vase of stoneware with celadon green glaze.
This object is part of a collection of early 20th century French studio ceramics bequeathed to the Museum by Mme. Renée Collinson (1915-2001). The collection was assembled by her father, Charles Sydney Collinson between 1930 and 1940. He was an official in the Visa section of the British Embassy in Brussels from about 1910, and a friend of two of the artists who produced the ceramics, Paul Beyer (1873-1945) and Séraphin Soudbinine (1870-1944). He was English with a French wife and they retired to France although Mme. Collinson was brought up in France and Belgium.
Bequeathed by Mme. Renée Collinson
Location: In Storage